Monday, September 14, 2009

My Poem for my daughter...R.I.P Baby Girl


As I've posted in the "about me" section....I lost my daughter at birth on September 20th, 2008... since it is going on 1 year Sunday..I decided to make my next post one of the poems I wrote for her...Please feel free to comment.....R.I.P. Sabriyah Nicole Finney (the photo is of her ashes....I had her cremated so she can always be right there with me..I have a picture of me and her when she was born but she had already passed on and people have told me they feel uncomfortable seeing a photo of a deceased newborn child so I will not post that photo)


Emotionally scarred with no one to blame//Day to day dealing with the same pain//I front a smile cuz deep down it will never change//A life taken....my baby girl laid to rest//Never even got to take her first breath//Nor see the sight of mommy//You'll never know the pain deep inside me//But as the stars shine nightly...I know one is her, smiling brightly//Slightly..disappointed cuz my baby girl'z not next to me//But I know her home in Heaven is better than the hood would ever be// and God is a better father than that "so called man" could ever be//Used to say "have my heart broken..never me"// Proved me wrong...I'ma be in pain til the death of me//But that will also be the day God is blessing me// Cuz I'll be reunited wit my lil' mama//And finally keep my promise// To never leave ya side...and every night rock you to sleep with sweet lullabies// Winnie The Pooh Dresses and sweet kisses//Purple barretts and pink ribbons....now that's living//Mommy's coming baby girl...it just might take a minute.......R.I.P

2 comments:

  1. This is not only well done (written) but beautifully moving and touching. I am very sorry for your loss.
    --k

    ReplyDelete