Friday, October 2, 2009

Any Relation???

As I continue to read further and further into "The Book Thief", I can truly say that in a way I can relate to the book. Many times when I read something, I try to put myself in a characters shoes, whether it is a main character or just a civilian during the time, which helps me comprehend the story better. "The Book Thief" reminds me of my life in MANY ways. For example, Liesel is so close with Hans which is how I am with my father. Although I love my mother (because she did birth me), her mouth and attitude can get out of control sometimes. Then there is the Liesel and Rudy friendship....this is one of my FAVORITE subjects throughout the book. Mainly because my best friend was the boy down the street and we have been best friends since I was 9. Growing up I would think he was "the one" and other times I would think he was just "my best friend". The things that Liesel and Rudy say to each other and how they act together is exactly how my best friend and I were. Then along come Max. But in relation to my life, Max would be more of 'the distraction' or "the temptation". He is kinda like the person you meet that steals your attention. The person you have more in common with and feel more comfortable around. He is the person that makes you wonder "what would happen IF"......the females should know what I'm talking about LOL. Of course there are the hard times, the struggles, the pains, the deaths, the secrets, the concern and the love. I'm sure everyone has some of these in their lives, maybe not in the exact way as portrayed in the book but if you think deeper I think we all can relate to the book in some way. Just a few thoughts, I hope I get some feedback or responses.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I read this before. I thought I responsed. I think your 'friendship' with your boy-friend is so sweet! Yes, and as a lady, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!
    --k

    ReplyDelete