Friday, October 16, 2009

Watch Yourself Everywhere!!!!

Last night (Thursday), a female friend and I were leaving the bar that my man DJ's at. After we left the bar, we needed to stop and get gas. I was treating her out that night so she didn't have anything on her but her phone. So when we stopped at the gas station and this young black male held me at gun point and stole my T-mobile MyTouch phone, my purse, all my money, my license, social security card, medicine, insurance card and everything else that is sometimes kept in a purse. I am not mad because I still have my life. (and my car) I just want to inform people that when you always think, "that wouldn't or couldn't happen to me"....YES IT CAN!!! Ladies especially...please watch your surroundings. People need to become more observant. I also want to thank God because my car was strapped (I hope Professor Kristie doesn't know slang that well)...but because he caught me outside my car, I could not retaliate and that was a blessing. I was heated enough to definitely retaliate...but the option was not there. Again, just be aware of your surroundings and as bad as it may sound...TRUST NO ONE!!!! For the record, this incident occured at the Marathon gas station on Warren Ave. and Southfield freeway. It's not the first time I had a gun pulled on me, so this time I wasn't as shaken up but it still makes you grateful that you are still alive. What makes things worse is that is my old neighborhood. That's the area I was born and raised (really Joy Rd and evergreen) but it's still in the same neck of the woods. Please be careful out here....as the economy is going downhill, our surroundings are getting worse, and we are more in danger.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Sam. I'm glad to hear you're okay. I always always tell my friends, especially girls to be careful. I guarantee relaying this story will help get my point across. so thanks.
    and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are ok as well, and I do know what 'strapped' means! (At least I think I do) BUT OMG and so thankful for you and your life. You are needed in my class, you are needed to write poetry, you are needed to live...I am glad you are ok.
    --k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, I really appreciate the love and concern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you are okay. I know that area well and i know what its like. I'm from McGraw and Tarnow,and my family still lives on West Warren and Central, so I really understand. Thank God though that you are safe.

    ReplyDelete